The e-Shram portal, developed by the Ministry of Labour and Employment, is designed to generate a nationwide database of unorganized employees that is seeded with an individual’s Aadhaar number. The information contains all the similar details that are required to check the PM kisan status like names, occupations, addresses, educational qualifications, skill kinds, and family information, among other things, in order to better assess their employability and extend the advantages of social security systems to them. It’s the country’s first national database of unorganized workers, including migrant workers, construction workers, gig and platform workers, and so on.
The Motive for the E-Shram Card
The main goal is to create a centralized database of every construction worker, migrant worker, gig and platform worker, street vendor, domestic worker, agriculture worker, and so on, which will aid in the implementation of social security services and sharing of information with various stakeholders in order to deliver welfare schemes.
The next goal is to make social security and welfare payments portable for migratory and construction workers, as well as to provide a comprehensive database to the federal and state governments for future national crises.
Benefits of E-Shram
● Workers who register with the e shram card portal would be eligible for Rs 2 lakh insurance benefit. The Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana is responsible for this.
● An amount of Rs 2 lakh is give if the worker dies in an accident or becomes entirely physically injured and incapacitated, and Rs 1 lakh is paid if the worker becomes partially unfit and unable to work.
● The Yogi government has promised to provide everyone who registers for an e-shram card Rs500.
Who can register in E-Shram portal?
● An unorganized worker is a worker who is a home based-worker who do not work in any organization, self-employed worker, or a wage worker in the industrial sector.
● Individual age should be between 16-59 years
● People should not a member of EPFO/ESIC or NPS
How to register in E-Shram Scheme
● The e-shram card can be registered in three simple methods.
● Self-registration is possible via the e-shram portal, which may be found at http://eshram.gov.in.
● Moreover, registration takes place at Common Service Centers which is run by the government.
● The registration is also done by the state government’s regional offices in the districts as well as in the sub-districts.
● To register on the e-shram portal, workers must have an Aadhar card, a mobile number linked to their Aadhaar, and a bank account.
Documents you need during the application of E-Shram portal
● Aadhar number
● Mobile number linked with Aadhaar. If a worker does not have an Aadhaar which is linked by mobile number, he/ she can visit the nearest CSC’s department and register it through Biometric authentication
● Savings bank account number with IFSC code
Mistakes that you do not do while the registration
● If you haven’t completed KYC in your bank account. In this case, you should visit your bank as soon as possible to complete the account KYC. The installments money will not be credited to your account unless you do this. If you provide incorrect information during registration. In this case, your application may be rejected.
● When applying for an e-shram card, you should fill out the details carefully and properly. Aside from that, you must double-check your information after entering it.